Switching between energy sources
Often, if there are no restrictions on the available space, the parties decide that the existing boiler remains as a supplementary source of heating. To this end, it is necessary to install a switching valve which ensures switching between energy sources (e.g. oil boiler/heat pump) when the heat pump does not provide enough power to meet the heating needs.
There are several types of switching valves on the market, which, due to the valve design limit the flow and do not provide 100% sealing which in practice means additional heat losses and possible flow problems.With the aim of eliminating these problems, we at Seltron developed a switching valve with a motor drive, the advantages of which are:
- 100% sealing;
- minimum resistance or reduction of flow;
- suitability for use in the heating system as well as in the hot water preparation systems;
- it is fitted with a rotation direction indicator;
- indicates the valve position;
- it is fitted with a permanent coupling for manual operation;
- in case of a blocked valve the motor drive is not damaged.
The switching valve can be used to switch between:
- hot water heating and heating the building;
- different types of boilers or heating devices;
- the supply device and the selected hot water boiler (oil, gas);
- the boiler and the solar heating system;
- the heat pump and the hot water boiler;
- different fields of solar heating systems (East/West);
- two heat exchangers;
- rainwater and water supply systems.